Paisley Dreams

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

My Brother's Leaving for the White City

I'm going to Atlanta, and Atlanta's coming to me. The next three weekends are going to be bittersweet. This weekend is my adorable goddaughter's birthday party in Atlanta. I'm going to try to squeeze in time with my adopted younger brother, Younger Matt, and another friend, my ex-fiance', Keith; my little brother may be out of town. Hopefully I'll also be able to watch the Easter egg hunt at Kate's in-law's house; I don't know if I have to come back and work that day yet. Next weekend Younger Matt is coming here. The following weekend I'm going to Atlanta again for my younger brother's birthday party/going-away party. He's leaving for a new start in Chicago, and I'm going to miss him terribly. It's one thing to go from seeing him once every few days to seeing him every month or so. That took some getting used to, but I finally learned to deal with it. It's quite another thing to go from seeing him every month or so to seeing him once or twice a year. I doubt he'll be able to make it down to Atlanta often. It's not like it could be a weekend trip. He is one of the best friends I have ever had and knows me so much better than many people who have known me far longer than him. I'm so honored that he considers me like family. Friends like him don't come along often. I'm going to once again make sure that he realizes how much I appreciate him. It's the least I can do. I better stop since I'm starting to tear up just thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home