Paisley Dreams

Thursday, March 17, 2005

This Place Is A Dump

Last night I found it disturbing that so many students left trash in the auditorium. Doesn't anyone around here have any regard for aesthetics? There is trash everywhere in this town. No one regularly cleans the roads. There's no campaign like "Don't Mess with Texas." I’ve never found this city to be attractive but after having walked down so many of its roads and spending so much time staring down so many others, I am repulsed. The dirth of sidewalks and lack of cleaning crews stand out more than ever.
Orlando's fiscal irresponsibility, dirth of sidewalks, numerous non-mowed areas, and widespread placement of ghetto and high-class neighborhoods side-by-side were inexplicable and disturbing. I mean what other city blows up a perfectly good city hall and sells the movie rights to the implosion so they can build the only skyscraper city hall in America? I remember all of the fanfare around the implosion - it was all over the news. Live coverage for hours. Orlando has issues. But this city has just as many.
I've always thought this city was rather ugly. I hate to say it, but I was trying to figure out if I've ever seen a city this large be this dirty. No, I haven't. New York City definitely had some trashy areas, but this city is trashy throughout. This is by far the ugliest large city I have ever lived in. And it's also the ugliest city I've ever seen. I hate to say that. I really do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home