Paisley Dreams

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Sanibel and Captiva

My dream job opened up in Naples, FL, awhile back...sociology and criminal justice libby at a college. I don´t know anyone there so I decided not to go for it because of that and the fact that I´m in love with this part of the country. And the fact that that part of Florida´s demographics don´t suit me right now. Oh, Sanibel Island. Oh, Captiva. Captivating. The best place for seashells in the whole state. A beach with so many shells that it hurts your feet. The little key near them with its mangrove tunnel and blue lagoon. The dolphins, the manatees. I need to go kayaking there again. I want to retire there someday. I hope it isn´t damaged much. I hope my friend in Orlando´s house is okay. Curfews and damage and deaths. I´ve been there when I was six with the tornado. We were lucky that we were all alive. Only lost the house. So many families in Florida have lost their houses and or businesses. And family members. The death toll isn´t as high as it could have been. Thankfully. Brad and I were talking about Orlando last night while he was watching it get hit on the Weather Channel. What a shame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home