Paisley Dreams

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Over Easy

My brain is over easy. Totally fried with all the interruptions and stuff. Would be cool if the theme of the day weren't student bitching. I wanted to go home all day. It didn't help that everything I had in Outlook was lost a month ago when the hard drive was reformatted. Now it was lost again because I got a new computer. The Outlook backup didn't work. Having someone bring me back my old hard drive. This ought to be fun. Still can't find the help file. Must attempt archiving stuff and bringing the files over to the new computer. Hope it works! Shushed this girl while I was conducting an interview earlier and she actually had the audacity to say, "Yeah, well why didn't you shush those people when I was taking that test that one time?" I said, "I've been shushing people for a month straight." She stormed out of the room. The student I was interviewing said, "Immature." That student is a passive agressive bitch. Did she speak up the day of the test and say someone else was being too loud? Hell no. I can't read minds. Unless you look at me funny or speak up, I don't know if you prefer silence or if sounds don't bother you. There are people who come in here and study or take a test and nothing bothers them. I'll shush people and they'll say, "That's ok. It doesn't bother me." No, this passive agressive bitch never indicated it bothered her with body language and whatnot and only brought it up now that it did as ammunitiion. See why I'm now the shushing bitch? These new students who always talk like they have megaphones for vocal cords and act bitchy.
This same student bitched at another student in the libby yesterday because she didn't sign her up for advising on the faculty member's door along with the other people she signed up. "Does Ms. ____ know you did that, that you signed up other people? That's not fair." Wah! The other student refused to lower herself to bitch's level and just smiled, laughed, and said, "Well, those people I signed up asked me to sign them up, so I did." "Well, yeah, just forget about me. Sign up everyone but me and one other person." That's not true, drama queen. I looked at the sheets. And this girl would have signed her up HAD SHE ASKED. She's a leader and not a bitch. Passive agressive bitch, I tell ya. There's two sections of lots of things so they're all trying to get the classes with members of their clique, but this girl isn't in any clique because no one wants her. Until yesterday. Here in the libby yesterday, a girl invited her to hang out with her friends away from class. But the bitch kept accusing the girl of being mean to her in the past and saying she didn't think her offer was sincere. With the patience of an angel, the girl said, "If you interpreted my laughing that day to be directed at you, I'm sorry, but it wasn't. ____ and I were just flirting with each other. But I have to admit, there are times I've said things about you, but that was only because I said 'Hi' and other things so many times to you and you never said anything back. I've tried to reach out to you so many times. I'm sorry for what I've done in the past, but I mean it when I say that you are welcome to go out with us." She mentioned jet skiing, and the bitch lit up. Will probably just use her for that.

I like this bit from the Broadway version of “Peter Pan.”

“If growing up means it will be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I’ll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up. Not me.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home