Paisley Dreams

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Good Week

Well, my vacation is wrapping up. Made some extra money. Read a lot of books. Caught up on sleep. Received free tickets to the local comedy club and used them Thursday night. Andrea, Deshaun, Melanie, Jen, Vincent and I went and had a great time. The one joke I remember from the show is, "What do women think is the best thing that comes out of a penis?" "The wrinkles." The last comedian's catch lines were "Woohoo!" and "Shut up" and we kept using them after the show.
Thursday was rainy, but nature gave me an incredible birthday present on Friday - a cool, sunny, summer day. Amazing! I've never had a birthday that wasn't hot. Summer temperatures here average in the upper 80s so I've been spoiled for years. But Friday and Saturday were even cooler than normal. Very nice!
Made some extra money and then drove north and crashed at older Matt's on Friday night. Bought us both chocolate ice cream cake to celebrate our birthdays (his is next Saturday). Made him a really cute homemade card. Put a lot of famous men's names on the front (Claude Monet, Teddy Roosevelt, Jules Verne, Arthur Conan Doyle, Orson Wells, Jim Henson, etc.) and wrote "A League of Extraordinary Gentleman." The reference is to a graphic novel I read this week that he recommended to me the last time I was there. I drew a big question mark and wrote "So, where are you?" within it. He read the front and smiled and said, "I guess I'm somewhere between Orson Wells and Jim Henson." Hence why I added those names. :) I smiled and said, "Just open the card." He did and smiled even bigger. I'd written, "You're in a league of your own! Happy Birthday!" It's always fun to create a homemade card. It's been awhile since I've done that.
Received birthday calls from younger Matt, Jeremy, Claire, Trent, my brother, and Katie. Found out that Mom will be out of the hospital very soon. Great! Saw some new places. Blowing Rock, North Carolina, can now be added to the long list of places around here that have absolutely stunning views. Now I'm sitting at work doing some stuff for me. A lot of things have changed this week while the building has been closed. The libby is now two connected rooms instead of one. As of just now it has a bright burgundy wall. The furniture is not where we planned for it to be. It's all very strange.
Younger Matt came up with some new ideas the other day. He is now recommending I move to Atlanta and work where he is working until I find a new professional job. I've only found two good-paying professional openings down there here lately, and I don't have the money needed to get the certification for one of them right now. Matt really thinks I should just move now since he is all but certain I can get a job at his company since they have a lot of openings and he has recommended me. He and Jeremy are willing to help with the long-distance move. I am ready for a change and am not finding what I'm looking for here. I'm going to apply to work at his company and apply for one of the professional openings. Then it will just be a matter of waiting. The professional job doesn't close until September. Matt said I probably won't be contacted about a job at his company for a few weeks. It's just a matter of playing a waiting game on both of them.
The only bad thing that happened this week is that I received a very vague email about my blog. A reader thought that I had a crush on him. The crush that I mentioned that I had on a reader was extremely minor and was not on him. For God's sakes, he's married, and I would never have a crush on a married man! He had been reading things into what I'd been writing, and it left me feeling really strange, concerned, and a tad creeped out. He actually thought he'd made me sad and apologized for it -- what? That was weird. Readers are rarely going to impact my mood, and, if they do, it'll only be for a few minutes. He apologized and is now embarrassed. I accepted the apology. I just hope that nothing like this happens again. I deleted the post and will never post anything like it again. Began considering removing or moving this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home