Paisley Dreams

Sunday, August 01, 2004

Raccoon Tango?

I'm still at a loss as to why my electricity bill average went up so much - from $80 a month to $130 a month for Christ's sake. The cost of gas went up, but that can't be all of it. So who's living in my house when I'm not there? Do the raccoons have a secret entrance and boogie down to Cat Scratch Fever when I'm gone? I'm seriously starting to think there's some kind of small vermin in my house. There's been a lot of bumps in the night here lately. A week ago I was beginning to wonder if the bumps were going to turn into a remix of Chicago's Cell Block Tango. That would have been pretty cool. My friend Adele actually doesn't use her air conditioning. I don't think I could live like that. I'm going to start closing the bedroom doors so they don't affect the thermostat. I've turned up the thermostat. We'll see how much that helps. Wish me luck. Well, I'm about to start job hunting. Wish me luck there too. There's two in Atlanta I'll be applying for. I can't find others right now. I'll have to pay $80 to get the Georgia certification for one of them - ouch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home