Paisley Dreams

Monday, July 12, 2004

Hurricane

Another east Tennessee summer monsoon hit today. My car came within inches of being a boat. The hurricane-like whirlpool reared its ugly head once again in the parking lot. Along with the geyser in the drain across the way. We might as well have been underneath Niagara Falls. The wind was once again doing psychotic shifts. Where had I parked? Right near the whirlpool. It's only the second time I've seen a hurricane whirlpool in the work parking lot in the two and a half years I've been working there. And the first time was...what...three weeks ago? Guess I need to pull the blinds up more often when big storms hit. It's pretty exciting!
Students were freaking out. "Get your car, Libby! Oh my God, our cars are underwater!" I went ahead and moved my car though the rain had died down and the water was subsiding by that time. The water was about six inches below door level. Figured my baby would really be in for it if we got any more hard rain in the next few minutes. And of course the radar called for more rain. More rain for the valley and the beautiful Smokies rainforest.
The idigant was being his normal annoying self. Said that the whirlpool had stopped twirling, that the drain had stagnated --- until he bravely drove his truck through the maelstrom that is. Couldn't someone have published stories about his ludicrous claims about inventing the Internet years ago to take away the flak from Al Gore? Given his present behavior, I just know that ten years ago he was out there somewhere spouting off about how he created TCP as a toddler. Meanwhile, I've got a different acronym to explain it all. BS. Graduate already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home