Paisley Dreams

Monday, April 26, 2004

A Song By The The

Friday I did two mystery shops after work and crashed. I was exhausted. Saturday I did six shops and then went to work from 5-close. Sunday I did four shops, played a game of Scrabble with Chaunda, and bought a scanner from a coworker for $25. Now to finish getting it hooked up and such so I can scan in shop receipts.
I sucked at Scrabble; I kept playing little words so I could hold onto good tiles when I had Bingo racks but no place to play them. The only bingo I played was errantly with the y already on the board.
Finished reading Word Freak, the nonfiction book about a guy who spends two years becoming an expert at Scrabble. He does meet quite a few word FREAKS. There's some really strange words in the book of course. How the experts remember them is beyond me.
Talked to a guy last night and discovered I'd already met him. He didn't remember meeting since it was a LONG time ago, but I did. He was grouchy then and was, surprise, surprise, grouchy last night. Another one bites the dust, AGAIN in this case.
Doing and submitting twelve mystery shops this weekend was insane. Never again. Yet, I say that now,....but if I calculated how much I made, I might sing a different tune. It's cool to discover that I can easily make more money doing mystery shopping stuff for a few hours than I can working more hours at the bookstore.
I'm asking for a weekend off from the bookstore in May. I'm there too many hours the next two. The weekend of May 15-16 is going to be for me and only me. No work other than four hours at job #1. Can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home