Paisley Dreams

Friday, April 23, 2004

Musical Performers I've Seen Live

Acappella
Carmen
Garth Brooks (we wanted to KILL him because he didn't care what the audience said; all he did was play Rodeo OVER AND OVER for a TV special at Disney World's Pleasure Island)
Chumbawamba and Sister Hazel (Free in Olympic Park in Atlanta)
Faith No More and Billy Idol (a present to my then boyfriend; Michael Patton is AMAZING)
Filter and others at an alternative festival
Foreigner and Little Richard and Buster Poindexter (New Year's Eve at DW's Pleasure Island)
Amy Grant (Baby, Baby over and over for a TV special and a few other songs in a show with only DW employees in the audience)
Olivia Newton John with the Knoxville Symphony
Night Ranger (My Dad took me to this, my first concert)
Poison and Warrant (only as a birthday present for a friend)
Prince
Francine Reed
Third Eye Blind and two others at World Fair's Park
The Toadies (before they had their radio hit)
Troutfishing in America
The Village People (I was naive in college; I didn't know they were gay until I saw them live at a small bar - it was probably a gay bar; I bet I was too naive to notice that as well)
Violent Femmes (the lead singer liked the hats my friend and I had with metal Texases on the brims)
Weird Al Yankovic
White Zombie

It was really cool (haha) when I met Kook and The Gang backstage one New Year's Eve when I was working at EPCOT. I shook their hands, telling them how much I loved them. I could hear but not see their show from my beverage cart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home