Paisley Dreams

Friday, April 09, 2004

Chicago Friend

Kara from Chicago popped in for a few minutes at work with her friend Dave to say hello. She ended up spending the night a couple of hours north of here in Kentucky. Too bad she had to be in South Carolina by five for her friend to pick up his new kayak or else we could have gone to lunch or something. She's rafting and he's kayaking on the Ocoee tomorrow. Sunday he's going kayaking somewhere else. We were talking about the class 4's on the Ocoee. Double Trouble and Hell Hole scared the heck out of me. Hope they have a blast. I'm so jealous!
Kara now has light brown hair - big shock. I'm so used to it being blond. It was so good to see her. It'd been nearly five years. The last time I saw her was when I went to Chicago for Memorial Day weekend in 1999. She hasn't changed a bit. Her friend Dave seemed nice. From what I picked up on on the situation, it appears that he likes her as more than a friend but she doesn't think of him that way. It came up that back when I visited her in Chicago, she was dating a guy name Dave. She said, "That's another reason why I can't date you. Because your name is Dave too." Poor guy...
She said she is having a 30th birthday bash during a weekend in May and invited me. It'd be great to go and see her and Chicago again. It'd be nice to have someone to go with though. Any takers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home