Paisley Dreams

Monday, August 08, 2005

No phone

Got back in town Friday and worked that night. For my birthday Saturday, Vincent took me out to see Crash and then eat at Cozymel's. Then I had to work at the bookstore again. Crash was damn good. Some of the dialogue was a tad annoying, and the racism theme was overdone, but I still could not help but love the movie overall. Yesterday I went to see March of the Penguins with Mike, his friend John's girlfriend, and her friend and mother. Can you believe the theater was packed at 4PM on a Sunday for a documentary? Wow! Also a good film. Went to O'Charley's with all but the friend and then went out to see the Queer As Folk series finale at Kurt's with Mike. Disappointment is an understatement. I was surprised and thrilled to see Blake, but the wedding's cancellation blew. The hopeless romantic in me didn't get what I wanted. The least they could have done was have Justin appear out of the crowd and dance with Brian. The ending was so dame lame. Of course I had to call Linda about it. Since the hotel in Ohio couldn't find my cell phone charger and gave me one that charged the phone at first glance but then turned out to have no stamina, I ended up calling Linda from Court South while testing a charger I bought at WalMart. Unfortunately, it also suffered from electrile dysfunction. Got to buy an expensive Verizon charger I guess. Until then, insert modified Cake song. No phone, no phone, but I don't want to be alone today....Dysfunctional technology sucks. And deceptively-functional-but-not-functional stuff makes me tempted to become a Luddite.

Thursday I spent all day riding 12 roller coasters at Cedar Point. I loved seeing Lake Erie from the tops of the 200+, 300+, and 400 foot-tall hills. The stand-up coaster racked the heck out of me. Some others bucked me up and down so many times that I'm now ready to move on to bull riding. I banged my head back and forth on the shoulder pads at the end of the Raptor. That snake. The pressure of the Millenium Force was so great that leaving my eyes open was uncomfortable. I could have ridden the coasters all day. I'm a glutton for punishment, but I do have one question. Why don't Traumatic Brain Injury Support groups hold membership drives at amusement parks?

I liked the Magnum, and the Dragster (see them here) made for an awesome thirty seconds!

Currently reading and enjoying:
The Devil's Teeth : A True Story of Obsession and Survival Among America's Great White Sharks
By Susan Casey
Release date: By 07 June, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home