Paisley Dreams

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Brian

I have a lot of catching up to do. Mostly though I want to talk about an amazing date I had.
I'd been talking to Brian for a couple of weeks. Hooked up with him on the dating line. Our conversations have always been good. Connected.
Saturday night after I got off work at the bookstore, I couldn't wait any longer. I wanted to lay eyes on him so I made him meet me in a Waffle House parking lot.
From there I followed him back to his place so we could switch to my car.
First up was Patrick Sullivan's for a screwdriver and a rum and coke. I suggested he try Cointreau, and he did. The bartender gave him one of the biggest shots I'd ever seen of it! Sometimes I sip and savor; other times I down it. I told him that I usually down it, and that's what he did. Let's just say he got a tad tipsy.
Next we went down to Preservation Pub. Then we went driving around. I showed him my cute little work domain, and he showed me his. He showed me a view from a really tall hill south of downtown, and I showed him the gorgeous view from Sharp's Ridge. He scratched a note into the rail saying, "Brian was drunk here. Thank you ____ (me)." After that, we went back to his place and listened to some Faith No More, a band we both love. No kiss. Darn. Maybe next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home