Paisley Dreams

Friday, August 27, 2004

Magic Eight Ball and Karma Chameleon

Wednesday I received the call I'd been waiting for. Have an interview scheduled in Atlanta on Thursday, September 2, at 2 P.M. Wednesday night I lost two games of Scrabble to Kelly and Ruchi. Talked to Kevin. Also talked to younger Matt for what seemed like an eternity about all of the Atlanta job possibilities and such. Told him how I so want to strangle him at times. Jeez. Give me a sex change and send me back in time to when I had no patience. What would you be left with then? Younger Matt. Sometimes I just have no patience for his lack of patience. :)
Sean left me a voicemail the other day. Hurricane Charley uprooted three trees and did some other damage, but he feels lucky since he didn't lose a roof or a car like his neighbors did. And this was near Orlando - whew! Poor Florida.
Yesterday was a typical day with the nursing students -- one student cried because she'd just been abused by her husband; two students fought alongside the idigant, who may or may not have been acting as a mediator. They were fighting near the restrooms, but I could hear the fight all the way down the hallway so I went down there and laid into them. "I can hear you guys down in the libby. Stop fighting. The whole class needs to get along. You guys are in this together for the long haul. Years!" I walked off, and they were quiet for...woohoo...a minute or so. A class started nearby, and they disturbed them as well so a student went down there and also laid into them. Last night I talked to a very interesting guy who was very impressed with me. Cool! Did a mystery shop and then some side merchandising work. Bought some resume' paper, matching envelopes, and a very classy organizer at the side job. Last night I'm spending there. Finally said I needed to quit the merchandising work. Yeah! Left all the stuff there for the person who takes my place.
Since I was out near Kevin's, I dropped by there. The cycle went as follows. He'd make scanner noises to annoy me. I'd tickle him. He'd threaten to rip my arms off. I'd stop. He'd say he wanted there to be a fire 'cause then he'd get to trample me on his way out the door. I'd give him the silent treatment. He'd tap on my back, make more scanner noises, and tickle the hell out of me by kissing the back of my neck. He'd act like a three-year-old for however long it took until he broke my resolve. I'd finally lose it and try to tackle him. He'd threaten to kill me. I'd stop. We repeated all of that. Over and over and over. :) He was sweet for a little while though. Intermittedly massaged my scalp and cupped my face in his hands. No kissing. Nothing. He ended up in the recliner in the living room. We finally got some sleep. Until the scanner went off to announce a tractor trailer fire on the interstate, that is. But he didn't have to go. Too far out.
I told him things I probably shouldn't have. That I've fallen in love with four guys since my ex-fiance' and that he was the first one. I told him how sweet he once was...four years ago! Told him about the deer spotting competitions I won at Cades Cove and Panther Creek State Park. About the sweet hug at the end of the hike to Cherokee Lake at Panther. A breathtaking view of the lake from a bluff, a colorful sunset, friendly waves from a boat skittering past, and an "I missed you." It's sad that he remembers reading this stuff in my diary a couple of years ago but still doesn't remember it actually happening.
I'm so tired. Typical Friday. All I want to do is go home and sleep. Sleep for days. But I have to wrap up the last of the merchandising junk. And I want to see Princess Bride outside in Market Square. So who knows what I'll really end up doing tonight.
Gotta work four hours first thing tomorrow. Then do theater checks for hours and hours after that. Sunday is soccer. Beyond that, I need to work on job applications. Do all the stuff I didn't get around to last weekend.
Vincent and I were talking about my bad karma once again the other day. Clearly what goes around comes around. I am exhibit A and have been for four years now. I was such a damn tease in college. If I could go back in time, hell yeah I'd sleep with all of the guys I teased if it meant I wouldn't have to deal with all of the sexually repressed men I've met the last few years. Oh, and I received a wrong number from a guy for the first time ever. The Greek guy. He needs to be shot. Have I ever given out a wrong number? Probably. Vincent's response was, "Well, there you go, hah! Pay back is hell, isn't it? That's what you get for ever giving out a wrong number." Yeah, thanks Vincent. Karma sucks. Vincent sucks. Heck, men suck. What do I have to do to pay my dues, oh guys who I mistreated, teased, broke your hearts? Don't you think I've been in purgatory long enough? Jeez. Name your blasted price, and I'll pay it. Oh, and I must go take back that voodoo doll Chaunda and I got Vincent for his birthday. Bet I know who one of the voodoo targets has been. Yeah, thanks a lot, Vincent. Probably explains some of the tingling sensations I've had lately. Well, they don't hurt...so there! ;)
Last Friday night I got to a mystery shop twenty minutes late. Was pissed at myself. Own damn fault. Didn't know when the store closed. Had to reschedule the shop for today. Went to eat at a fifties diner. Discovered when I was done eating that they only took cash. Went to Norris to get cash. ATM kept my blasted card. Joy. Had to borrow money for Nashville since I had no hope of going to a bank before the meeting the next day. Finally got my new bank card yesterday. Yeah!
When I left the diner, I went to another mystery shop. Didn't enter it online soon enough so it got cancelled. As did another shop for the same reason. Had to repeat the first shop last night. Another shop was cancelled because I forgot about it entirely. Yet another shop was cancelled because I hadn't returned the reward prizes yet, but I told them that wasn't fair since I only received one return envelope for two sets of prizes and hadn't done the second shop yet. The second shop got cancelled. I have no idea why. Now I've got it again. Didn't do another shop right but it hasn't been cancelled --- yet. Can't get anything right. I've been the ultimate screw-up here lately, especially this week, when it comes to mystery shopping and side work. Have way too much going on. To quote Jager, "dumbshit" has been running through my mind a lot lately.
So I was sitting in the booth at the fifties diner. Magic Eight Ball on the table. Asked it three questions. "Will I get the $47,000/year job?" "My sources say no." "Will I get the $37,000/year job?" "Definitely yes." And since I'm a girl, "Will I marry ________?" "The outlook looks good." I love you, Magic Eight Ball. Not a lot, mind you, but a little. Give me these things and $10,000/year from now on, and we'll be even. And I'll be very happy! Now get to work, Mr. Ball. Oops, I mean...I guess I should be the one getting to work, right?? Damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home