Paisley Dreams

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Finally Rested

Saturday after work I had a huge battle with Sprint. Then I had a horrible headache so I went home and read and rested. Could not fall asleep because of the blasted headache. Apparently my body was pissed at me for working sixty hours since Monday. When I did finally fall asleep, I was comatose until noon on Sunday.
Chaunda called to say that she was with Ruchi at a nearby emergency room and that Ruchi wanted someone to stay with her but she couldn't do it because she was babysitting her grandson. Ruchi was released a few minutes later. I drove out to Ruchi's house, and Chaunda and I went to get Ruchi's car. Poor thing. She had a severe allergic reaction to a couple of wasp stings. She decided to drive herself to the hospital where she is an ER doctor. But she had blurry vision, the sweats, and such so she pulled off the road. She called 911 but somehow the call was cut off. She was so out of it that she couldn't answer the phone the first couple of times 911 tried to call her back. 911 thought they'd lost her. Poor thing.
I kept her company and then read while she slept. Hours later, she felt mostly better and decided she'd better not sleep anymore since she had to work the next morning. She decided to thank Chaunda and me by treating us to Princess Diaries 2. It was a cute movie. Ok. Nothing special. Not even half as cute as 13 Going on 30.
Last night I returned a movie for Ruchi downtown. Saw an old Davis Kidd coworker working there, Jeff, and chatted with him. We'll have to get together sometime. Hung out and read some magazines. Then I went home and watched Monday Night Football. Tears came to my eyes while watching the halftime spotlight on Brett's performance the night after he lost his Dad last December. His performance was amazing - four touchdowns, no interceptions. His Dad was definitely smiling down on him from heaven. It was a restful evening.
Younger Matt called. He said that I've done the smartest thing I've ever done since he's known me. I put in for a year-long forbearance on one of my student loans so I can get on my feet while job hunting. I don't like the idea of putting the loan off, but it definitely needs to be done. I need to pay off credit cards and build up a savings account.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home