Paisley Dreams

Monday, November 15, 2004

Misplaced Blame

I've had a love-hate relationship with God lately. I can't stand it when people say that God took someone because he had a special job for them or whatnot. The younger the person is, the more upset I get when I hear that. When a child dies, don't say that God meant for it to happen, that "he works in mysterious ways" or whatnot. I'm really not going to be happy with God if that's the case. Heck, I think Brad was too young to die, and he was 32. I thought my Dad was too young to die, and he was 53. I guess what it boils down to is this: don't say God took the person. Just say the person will now be with God. There's a big difference. It's somewhat irrational for me to get mad at God for someone's death, but screw it. I'm mad as hell. At God. And at the preacher who said it was God's plan in the first place.
It's also somewhat irrational that my friend's primary reason for not liking my ex-fiance' is that I moved away from her after we broke up, but I can still understand her logic. His criticism of me whittled away at the me she knew, and then the breakup completely took me away, both physically and mentally. I moved away to start over, and it took a long time before I was back to being me again. She looks at it like if things hadn't gone sour, I would have never moved away. I'll let her be mad about that. She still thinks he's a good person. And I still think God is good, but that doesn't mean I can't be really pissed off at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home